About Self-Acceptance and Hidden Beauty



Hi it's Jacqui!

Don't you just love it when you're strolling in a park or in the shops and then find a beautifully created graffiti that can easily be dubbed as street art? 

Yeah I love that feeling too! I came across this image in Bonifacio Global City (BGC), Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines while strolling with my friends. I found it too pretty to be considered "graffiti" because of the negative connotation that goes with the word - maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but it's plastered in a back alley so I assumed it is. 

Oftentimes graffiti is not actually considered beautiful nor is it considered art, but for me, this particular piece is. I find the colors and the texture utilized in the picture quite amusing and I hope art like this can not only be seen in back alleys but more placed in the limelight. There’s so much talent and beauty in the world that is not celebrated. 

Just like with people, particularly women, there’s so much we do not celebrate about ourselves. We are so much more than what we think we are. (We are a bunch of beautiful, talented, and amazing biotches! Am I right?!) And this displaced piece of art, together with this particular quote, reminds me of that hidden beauty.

Is there a graffiti that you've fallen in love with? Link me up in the comments below! xx

Stay inspired!

Jacq

Comments

Popular Posts