Create the Perfect Finger Painting with the Kids in 3 Easy Steps!!!

Hi! it's Jacq!

This year, I've decided to celebrate my passion for the arts by participating in a 21-Day Year Starter initiated by the Belle De Jour Power Planner team. They asked us to create a finger painting (which I have never done in my entire life) and I am thrilled to try it!

I believe that doing something crafty regularly can boost happiness levels, reduce stress, and inspire us to become more creative. It is a good stress reliever for moms and also a great way to bond with your friends, and even your kids.

So here are my 3 quick easy steps to create the perfect finger painting! 

1. Conceptualize an image and sketch it on your watercolor pad.


2. Prepare your watercolor palette for finger dipping and dip your finger at one color at a time, then dab on the paper. 

Note: I used my thumb for bigger flowers and dabbed this first. Then I used my pointer, middle, and ring fingers to create medium-sized flowers. Lastly, I used my pinky for the smallest flowers.

I used my thumb to create big flowers.

Using my pinky to create small purple flowers.
3. Add your touch-ups. 

To create a more colorful flower vase, I added some green lines for stems and yellow dots for tiny flowers.

My hand after painting.

The finished product.
So that was my first finger painting experience! I would love to try doing this with my son and I think it's a great way to introduce him to the arts. The method is also very sensory and I think this would aid him in his mental development.  

Have you tried finger painting with your kids before? How was your experience? Please feel free to leave a comment below. xx

Cheers mumma!
Jacq



Comments

Popular Posts