Abe Filipino food - Where Good Friends (and Family!) Dine

I have lived under a rock for the last 2 weeks. Which explains my absence in the blogosphere. Simply put, I was just busy doing my beloved work. 

Anyway, here's my latest post and I'm so happy I am able to blog again. Two weeks is just too long. Here's an Abe restaurant review to start the week. Happy reading!


My family has always loved restaurants created by the LJC group. Among our favorites are Abe, Fely J's, and Cafe Adriatico. We often dine here because of the authentic Filipino dishes they serve and for the homey ambiance the place provides. 



Aside from that, their interior is something I would like to emulate in my own home someday. Their restos resemble a sort of old Philippine-Spanish feel and much art pieces are incorporated in the decor. 

Artworks hang on the wall

A sketch of Cafe Adriatico

Last month was my mom's birthday and her restaurant of choice for our family dinner was Abe in Trinoma.



Abe (ah-beh) serves sumptuous meals inspired by recipes from Pampanga, Philippines. Pampanga has forever been popular among foodies since it is the birthplace of some of the most awesome delicacies in the country. 

According to their menu, Abe is a Capampangan term for friend, companion, and getting together. Their slogan, "Where Good Friends Dine", vividly embodies what Abe restaurant is all about. 


The Menu cover



Welcome to Abe!

The back part of the Menu


My mom and brothers picked out most of the dishes we shared that night. And our selection is as follows:

Paco Fern and Tomato Salad (Php 155). "Young rainforest fern with tomato in a light salad dressing." My favorite salad.

Sinuteng Baby Squid (Php 175). "Small squid sauteed in olive oil and seasonings." My favorite appetizer!


Spicy Sisig Pampanga (Php 195). "Minced pork jowl and chicken livers sauteed in garlic, spices, and chilies"

Bencab's favorite Lamb Adobo (Php 495). My favorite dish!

Binukadkad na Pla Pla (Php 395)

"A Bistro Remedios original, overgrown tilapia butterflied and fried to delightful crispiness, served with balo balo relish and mustasa leaves."

Sikreto ni Maria (Php 165). My favorite dessert! Yum!

Guess what is inside.

Flavorful mix of 3 foodstuff as seen in the photo. Guess what they are. :)


Dalandan juice. Mango smoothie. Tamarind shake.

Yummy Tamarind shake.

Refreshing Dalandan juice

All those presented above are our family favorites. I love everything except for the tamarind bits in my Tamarind shake. Aside from that, everything is just perfect. 

It is also quite affordable and gives you that bang for your buck. I would definitely recommend this to Filipinos looking for that awesome Capampangan yumminess for dinner and to those who have balikbayan rellies coming over, this would be a good place to take them to. 


Maja Blanca (Php 90). "White ground rice cake with sweet young corn cooked in sweet coconut cream."

Aside from their awesome food, they also showed so much of our Filipino hospitality. Since they knew it was mum's birthday, they sang her a birthday song and allowed her to blow a candle on a free Maja Blanca dessert plate. 

Our server for the night, Neri, was also very accommodating and efficient in delivering our needs that night. I admire servers like her who really give the best to her clients. Great job Neri!

With the awesome Abe staff member, Neri

That was my Abe Dinner experience. Hope to bump into you in Abe someday! 

xoxo,
Jacq

Comments

Popular Posts