My First Trimester Pregnancy Skin Savers

I am pregnant!

After trying to conceive for the past 2 years, at last we were blessed! This explains my absence from blogosphere for the past 4 months as I had to battle through the usual symptoms of pregnancy. 




Let me enumerate all the symptoms I dealt with - nausea, dizziness, food cravings (and aversions), heightened sense of smell (almost hound-like), fatigue (Girls, you don't know what this means until you're in your first trimester. Lol!), frequent urination (I mean it!), headache, breathlessness (latter part of the trimester), swollen breasts, dry sleepiness in the middle of the day, being extremely emotional (like crazy), insomnia, and lastly, having DRY SKIN.

Now that I'm in my second trimester, I have regained much of my lost energy and all the other symptoms have gradually waned although I still experience an aversion to some food stuff like ginger and salsa.  

Now, I would like to share with you 2 products which helped me take care of my skin in the 1st trimester - Cure Natural Aqua Gel and Human Nature Sunflower Oil.

Cure Natural Aqua Gel

When they said that pregnancy causes dry skin, I just brushed the idea aside because I was thinking, "How dry could my skin get?" 

Then after a few weeks, my skin started to itch, especially some areas on my legs... and eventually I started to have flaky patches. TMI. I know right? So my husband got me a bottle of Cure Natural Aqua Gel and started doing his "skin therapy" on my legs.

True enough, my skin became smoother afterwards. Though it took days of exfoliating and moisturizing to get my skin back to its original form. I would say Cure is really effective! 



They say Cure is the Number 1 exfoliator in Japan and they sell 1 bottle every 12 seconds. Here in the Philippines, I believe it came in around 2013 and it is being sold around Php 1,500. I got mine from Beauty Bar

It's a little bit pricey but it's worth it because they use all-natural ingredients in it. It's also very easy to use and non-toxic. 

Basically just put 1-3 pumps of the product on your dry palm, apply on your problem area (on dry skin, don't wet the area prior), massage it and watch your dead skin cells slough off. It's that easy! Afterwards, wash the dirt away with water.



Human Nature 100% Natural Sunflower Beauty Oil

The moisturizer I used for my first trimester is the Human Nature 100% Natural Sunflower Beauty Oil. Since it is all natural, I deem this is safe for pregnant women to use. 

What I like most about this product is that it has NO parabens, synthetic fragrance, PEGs, or mineral oil.



It claims to lighten dark under eye circles, dark spots and pimple marks, minimize stretch marks, lighten underarms, and moisturize the body. I used it basically as a stretch mark prevention regimen.

I was advised to use this product for the earlier months of pregnancy and after birth by my co-Mommy Blogger, Celerhina Aubrey (Check out her blog, Reigning Still). Thanks Cel!!!


I got this product from Landmark, Trinoma and it costs Php 149.75. Very affordable! You may also check out the official website of Human Nature to know more about their awesome organic products.

So those were my First Trimester Pregnancy Skin Savers. To know what I used for my Second Trimester, click here. God bless you! :)

Love,
Jacq

Comments

  1. Welcome back to the blogosphere. :) Enjoy the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yehey! Thanks Cel! It's so nice to be back and regain all the energy I lost from the first trimester. Mwah! xoxo, Jacq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Albert Viviene BigorniaFebruary 20, 2015 at 10:29 AM

    I had the same symptoms and they were horrible every single day! I had to change my shampoo, facial wash, dishwasing soap and many more! Their smell made me vomit haha


    Viviene
    thejourneyofawoman.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts